Radiation Tidbits - Air Travel and Cosmic Radiation
Hong Kong people like traveling. On the New Year Day of the Year of Rooster, there were more than seven hundred aircraft movements in the Hong Kong International Airport, with more than two hundred tours departing. As air travel becomes increasingly popular, the issue of cosmic radiation on our health has attracted more and more attention.
Written by: Yeung Siu-wai
A packed airport during the Lunar New Year period
- What is cosmic radiation ?
- How does the strength of cosmic radiation vary with height ?
- How does the cosmic radiation affect air travel ?
- How much dose are the passengers subjected to ?
- How to evaluate cosmic radiation dose ?
- Is there any limit to the amount of radiation a passenger can be exposed to ?
- Will pregnant passengers be affected ?
- Are there any regulations concerning exposure to cosmic radiation ?
- What are the procedures for assessing cosmic radiation exposure ?
- Where to obtain more information on radiation ?