Radar Image Gallery
Storms and Precipitation
- Evening Thunderstorms on 31 August 2003
A tropical cyclone far away can sometimes bring thunderstorms to Hong Kong.
- Gust Front on 4 August 2003
Heavy downpours can bring severe gust, whose foremost edge is known as the gust front.
- Isolated Showers on 1 July 2003
Isolated showers appear as small individual patches on a radar image.
- Winter Rain on 6 January 2003
In winter, rain is usually brought about when warm and cold air masses meet.
- Winter Thunderstorms on 19 December 2002
A cold front can also bring thunderstorms during the cool season.
- Tornado on 20 May 2002
The terminal Doppler weather radar at Tai Lam Chung captured a tornado in May 2002 for the first time since its operation in 1998.
- Squall Line on 9 May 2001
Squally thunderstorms within a squall line.
- Hailstorm on 9 April 2001
Hail occurs on average about once every one to two years and mostly in spring.
- Rainstorm on 24 August 2000
A tropical cyclone can sometimes bring heavy rainfall even though it did not make a direct hit.
ar in 1994.