Radiation Tidbits - Chernobyl: 20 Years On (Part II: Incident Consequence)
Written by: Yeung Siu-wai
The previous issue of 'Radiation Tidbits' presented the article "Chernobyl: 20 Years On (Part I)" which discussed the Chernobyl accident that happened on 26 April 1986. This is the second part of the trilogy, summarizing the consequence of the accident.
Chernobyl nuclear reactor in its sarcophagus
(Source: The Chernobyl Forum)
- Emergency measures taken after the accident
- Release, dispersion and deposition of radionuclides
- Health impact of the accident
- How much radiation were people exposed to as a result of the accident?
- How many people died and how many more are likely to die in the future?
( To be continued in the next issue )