Radar image overlaid with lightning location information
Points to Note:
- This webpage displays radar images overlaid with lightning location information, covering the past 2 hours. Lightning locations are denoted by white squares while rainfall rates estimated from radar data are represented by different colours. Small Coverage (64 km coverage) updates once every 6 minutes; Large Coverage (256 km coverage) updates once every 12 minutes.
- Since the measurements of radar and lightning location system differ in both time and space, the location of lightning may not correlate exactly with that of rain area in the radar image.
- The lightning information displayed above is provisional. Only limited data validation has been carried out.
- For details about the lightning location map and the radar images, please refer to the main pages of Lightning Location Information and Weather Radar Image.
- For additional weather information on the lightning record or rainfall record, please visit the following webpages: