More schools joining the "Hong Kong Community Weather Information Network"
24 February 2009The number of members of "Hong Kong Community Weather Information Network" (HK Co-WIN) has increased from 44 to 55 during the past 6 months (up to 24 February 2009). New members joining HK Co-WIN (according to the date of participation) are : 1. Tung Chung Catholic School;
2. HKSKH Lady MacLehose Centre ;
3. Stewards Pooi Kei College;
4. German Swiss International School;
5. Lok Sin Tong Ku Chiu Man Secondary School;
6. Caritas Wu Cheng-Chung Secondary School;
7. SKH Kei Fook Primary School;
8. TWGHs Sun Hoi Directors' College;
9. Hong Kong Taoist Association Tang Hin Memorial Secondary School;
10. The Hong Kong Taoist Association Ching Chung Secondary School;
11. St Paul's College.
Three of the above schools, viz. Tung Chung Catholic School, German Swiss International School and Hong Kong Taoist Association Tang Hin Memorial Secondary School, have already set up an automatic weather station at their schools and disseminated real-time weather information at their school websites. The HK Co-WIN is a collaborative effort of the Hong Kong Observatory, the Department of Applied Physics of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and the Hong Kong Joint-school Meteorological Association. The aim is to gather weather information collected by weather stations in schools and organizations, and make it available on the Internet for use by the public after carrying out appropriate data quality assurance. Members of the public can access the network's website at http://weather.ap.polyu.edu.hk/index.php .
[The website has also been linked to the Observatory's homepage at http://www.weather.gov.hk/contente.htm.] All schools and organizations are welcome to join the network. For enquiries, please contact: Mr. TSE Wai Ming
Senior Experimental Officer
Hong Kong Observatory
Telephone: (852) 2926 8346