Training Course on Weather Observation(Application is closed)
To provide interested members of the public with basic knowledge in weather observation and its applications.
Beginners interested in weather observation.
Course date and time:
1st session: 09:30 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. on Saturday, 7 November 2015.
2nd session: 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, 14 November 2015.
(Two sessions with a total of about 6 hours)
1st session: Hong Kong Museum of History
100 Chatham Road South
Tsim Sha Tsui
Kowloon, Hong Kong
2nd session: Hong Kong Observatory
134A Nathan Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong
(1) Introduction to weather observation:
Cloud and visibility observation
Weather phenomena and hazards
Understanding coded weather reports
(2) Meteorological instruments:
(3) Practical work:
Weather observation and coding of weather reports
(4) Applications of weather observation:
Interpretation of weather charts
Use of weather information on HKO's website
Sharing platform of weather reports (including the platform for the Community Weather Observing Scheme (CWOS) http://co-win.org/index.php/en)
Experienced meteorological personnel of the Hong Kong Observatory
Application form:Application is closed
28 October 2015
2926 8413 (Mr Ng)
(1) A random ballot will be held in case of oversubscription. The ballot will be held in unit of entry form. All the applicants in the drawn entry form will be selected.
(2) Successful participants will be informed by email on or before 2 November 2015. Those not selected will NOT be notified individually.
(3) Participants will be notified to pay the course fee by cross cheque payable to "The Government of the HKSAR". Please indicate "Weather Observation Course", name and phone number of the contact person at the back of the cheque.
(4) Arrangement during bad weather conditions:
If Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 8 is still in force after 7 a.m. on the day of the course, the course will be postponed. Participants will receive individual notifications for further arrangement.